Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve

I need more practice writing, so I'm going to write a blog post. Beware, it's going to be a little stream of consciousness and possibly not so interesting. It is 1:00 am Christmas Day, 2008. I should really be in bed, and probably will be soon. I've been spending time online as usual: forums at AllBeliefs and playing games at facebook. I should probably play fewer games - they mostly get frustrating after a short while anyway: things get way tougher, and of course, you can make things easier by spending money, real money, not game money, in order to help things along. *grumble*. I really like TED (www.ted.com), but I think I've seen all the good stuff - I'm waiting for new good stuff. We went and visited a friend this afternoon/evening, went to church with her first and then had dinner with her. We (my wife KA and daughter KE - hmmm. Just noticed that can be confusing: my wife's name begins Ke, initials are KA. My daughter the reverse: begins Ka, initials KE) have know our friend W. for a long, long time. She was good friends with H., who died some years back, but who we also knew since KE was a little girl and went to him for "music hour".

My Chinese studies have been progressing slowly. Ever more slowly, since the chapters are getting less and less consistent, more words are missing from the vocabulary lists, etc. I'm also making slow progress with Farsi, but there the problem is I'm just not studying enough - I need to have another lesson with our friend V.

And of course I want to spend time working on my own pet projects, I need to clean out my office, I have a pile of books I want to read. *sigh*. Sleep is more important at the moment.

Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments: